I am simply in love with zucchini and this recipe turned out to be FABULOUS!
I am looking forward to having it again soon!
(I’ll take my own pictures next time.)
(For one serving)
2 Fresh Zucchini, cut into halves
Low-carb pizza sauce (I used Wal-Mart’s Great Value Brand)
Fat-Free Shredded Cheddar Cheese
Mushrooms (or other vegetable topping of your choice)
- Preheat your oven’s broiler at 500 degrees.
- After spraying a broiling pan with light spray oil, lay zucchini down with bottom (peel) side facing up. Salt as desired. Broil for approximately 6 minutes.
- Turn the zucchini, spray with light spray oil, salt again as desired. Broil for an additional 6 minutes.
- Remove the zucchini from the broiler and add toppings: spread on a light coating of pizza sauce, add fat-free shredded cheddar cheese, turkey pepperoni, and other toppings of your choice (I used canned mushrooms). Sprinkle on parmesan as desired.
- Return the zucchini to the broiler, just until cheese is melted and toppings are warmed (about 3 minutes).
- Enjoy! These are yummy, and surprisingly close to “real” pizza (I actually prefer these given my new fondness for veggies).
Fat: 5.86 grams
Carbs: 23 grams
Protein: 34 grams