Monday, March 5, 2012

Zucchini Pizzas = YUM!


I am simply in love with zucchini and this recipe turned out to be FABULOUS! 
I am looking forward to having it again soon! 
(I’ll take my own pictures next time.)



Zucchini Pizzas

Ingredients:
(For one serving)
2 Fresh Zucchini, cut into halves
Low-carb pizza sauce (I used Wal-Mart’s Great Value Brand)
Fat-Free Shredded Cheddar Cheese
Turkey Pepperoni
Mushrooms (or other vegetable topping of your choice)
Parmesan

  1. Preheat your oven’s broiler at 500 degrees.

  1. After spraying a broiling pan with light spray oil, lay zucchini down with bottom (peel) side facing up. Salt as desired.  Broil for approximately 6 minutes.

  1. Turn the zucchini, spray with light spray oil, salt again as desired. Broil for an additional 6 minutes.

  1. Remove the zucchini from the broiler and add toppings: spread on a light coating of pizza sauce, add fat-free shredded cheddar cheese, turkey pepperoni, and other toppings of your choice (I used canned mushrooms). Sprinkle on parmesan as desired.

  1. Return the zucchini to the broiler, just until cheese is melted and toppings are warmed (about 3 minutes).

  1. Enjoy! These are yummy, and surprisingly close to “real” pizza (I actually prefer these given my new fondness for veggies).


Nutrition Info
Calories: 285
Fat: 5.86 grams
Carbs: 23 grams
Protein: 34 grams


2 comments:

  1. I am interested. This looks good. Do you think eggplant would work as well?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura, I'm not that sure. I have limited experiences with eggplant, but now you have me curious. I think it is definitely worth a try!

      Delete