Monday, September 19, 2016
Sunday, February 3, 2013
By popular demand, I'm posting this recipe. I kinda threw all the ingredients together, so where I am not exact, just play with the amounts to your taste.
Low-Carb Chicken Fried Rice
1 pound ground chicken
1 bag frozen cauliflower, microwaved to warm, and riced using a grater or food processor to rice consistency (I used the Ninja)
5 strips turkey bacon, cut into small pieces
1 onion, sliced into strips
1 red bell pepper, sliced into strips
2 cups frozen peas, microwaved to warm
2 eggs, beaten
Salt, garlic, pepper
1. Melt coconut oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add onions and red bell pepper. Saute for several minutes.
2. Add ground chicken and bacon pieces. Saute with the onions and peppers until the meat is browned and cooked through.
3. Add the peas. Also add salt, pepper, and garlic to taste. Continue to saute ingredients until well blended.
4. Remove the mixture from the pan. Melt coconut oil in the pan and add the riced cauliflower. Saute it just as you would rice, lightly browning it.
5. Add soy sauce to the cauliflower, enough to fully cover it, more if you prefer.
6. Push the cauliflower over to one side of the pan. Add the beaten eggs to the empty side and scramble them before mixing with the cauliflower. You may again add pepper and garlic to taste.
7. Add the chicken mixture to the cauliflower fried "rice." Continue to heat while mixing everything together.
8. VOILA! This makes for three very large servings.
This was super yummy, and once prepped, very easy. You could change the vegetables. I tried to stay as low-carb as possible, so the peas were the only borderline veggie I added. Other possibilities would be carrots or corn, but those will up the carb count.
Let me know if you give it a try!